Friday, May 1, 2009

It's just another Friday and I'm waiting for 5 pm. I should mention that when I pictured myself years ago in my gray suit with my hair flat and straight and pulled back in a somewhat severe knot, I never transitioned from that person in her 30s to the one in her 40s and 50s and now, 60's. From Little Bo Peep to the gray suit.
Son of a bitch!
I spend my days plugging away and my nights and weekends thinking about my life. Once in a while a meteor lands nearby, giving me something new to look at. For example last week, I open the New York Times and learn by reading the last page of section 1 that Shelly Trubowitz, DDS of Rowayton Connecticut has died. So much information contained in that one fact! I'll begin at the end, tho there's plenty left for the events of 50 years ago. The obituary painted a purring portrait of Shelly, dental artiste extrordinaire and bon vivant, the toast of Rowayton's 4 tennis courts, lover of a good breeze coming off the Sound and lithe dance partner. Well he loved a lot of lithe partners, most of them below the age of 18. He died in Savannah Georgia. Clearly one of his seven kids had drawn the short straw and had to pack him up and find him a rest home down in Dixie. Then, on his "Memory Page", provided free for 30 days by Legacy.Com and thereafter for 29.95 , there were only 10 or so posts..and all of them from friends of the unlucky offspring who plainly KNEW NOTHING ABOUT HIM! He was a drooler by the time they pried him out of his tennis shorts and stashed him in Savannah. "Our prayers are ewith you Amy and Irv". "Love ya Aime" "All your friends from Temple Goombah offer condolences".
So much information..........
To Be Continued.

1 comment: