Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tuesday

Shelly's office was in Winthrop House, a huge bright aqua blue stucco building on the left as you came into town from Darien. So out of place in Rowayton. What went on there besides him chasing teenage mothers helpers and dental assistants around the chair? It was one of the few places in town I had gathered no information on as I pedaled around snooping and staring..Later I find out from Chris Davis that apartments were for rent there, and I assume as the town became hot they were converted to condos. Shelly and Dr. Rose built an office building on the river where one of the marinas used to be in the 70's, and ladies whose husbands rode the train had studios there. But before all that there was me shrieking out the window for him to "Lemme Alone!"

1 comment: